Tuesday, November 22, 2011

To label or Not to Label...

Hi, My name is Andrea and I am addicted to removing labels.  I admit it I can't wait to remove labels when I buy something new or find one that has never been removed.  There is something satisfying about being able to get the label off cleanly without a bunch of goop hanging around to attract dirt.  I never used many labels because the ones I made on the computer never lasted or wouldn't come off or ruined the item.  Handwritten labels always looked messy. 

So why would a confirmed label remover like myself begin advocating the use of a label maker?  They are fabulous!

I never made the leap to purchasing a label maker until well after I began to offer organizing services.  All the other Professional Organizers had them but I did see the need for one at first.  I found an inexpensive one at a discount club store that also sold a reasonably priced 3 pack of replacement tapes.  This was one of the big selling features for me.  It does not matter how cheap something is if it costs a ton to keep using it.  

I began experimenting with it around the house in small ways at first.  I began to realize that labels made it easier for me to navigate my craft room.  I did not have to think about where to put things since I had already made the decision and the labels reminded me where things belonged.  Most importantly for me, I liked the way they looked.  There was uniformity to the labels that was calming and did not clutter my space.   The label tapes also stick well and remove cleanly from most surfaces.  

I finally got why people were so in love with label makers.  
  • They are neat and uniform.
  • Quick and easy to make.
  • They give gentle reminders about where things go.
  • Stick well to most surfaces.
  • The labels remove easily when you are done with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment